It's mid July and I still haven't done any good summer shopping! So typical.....and I wonder why I can never find a good bathing suit. They are all sold out. I am really good and ordering shoes and bags, though!! I ordered a really cute pair of leopard slides from Anthro the other day that I am excited to get.
1. I have also ordered a pair of Birkenstocks! I am still not 100% sure what I think. I know everyone has them now but every time I put them on my feet I feel like a clown. I love them on other people, though. This pair arrived last week.
2. I have been looking for wallpaper for a few projects. One of those projects is my house in the Adirondacks. A few of the bedrooms are ready to be painted or wallpapered. I think I landed on my choice for one of those rooms. This great paper by Oscar de la Renta for Lee Jofa:
3. I went to the city last week and wanted a book to read on my way home on the train. I popped into a book store in Grand Central and picked this up from their best seller section. Not a bad read. Twists and turns but nothing scary that keeps you awake at night.
4. Speaking of books....a great interior design coffee table style book that I got a few months ago is Gil Schafer's book. I have looked through it a few times in the last few weeks for inspiration.
5. Up at the lake we have a "party raft" off of our dock. Initially when it was put in the water my husband was horrified at the big plastic blow up ruining the view, but it is so much fun. Much to his horror we also have two inflatable swans that we float on. I recently came across this giant peacock party raft and really want one! If you are going to have an ugly floating party raft you might as well make it interesting. We might have a giant floating bird raft next year! ;)
Christine Billings is an interior designer based in New York and working in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut locally, as well as throughout the country.